Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grand Opening at Coffee Outfitters

A couple of weeks ago Tovah and I went to the Grand Opening at Coffee Outfitters, a coffee stand that opened last fall just down the street from our house. The owners are old friends of our family and everyone at the party I knew either from growing up around here or homeschooling. There were great acts on their stage and a petting zoo for the kids.


When they built the stand last fall they refurbished the swing that had hung from the tree for years. The kids love the swing (I guess Arin went down there with my mom one day and skipped the swing and climbed to the top of the tree) and getting yummy drinks so going down is a real treat. It's been hard for me to show restraint having a latte literally seconds away, it was really nice for all those rainy, cold evenings of baseball.


 

The one man band was my favorite- I think because I love Bert from Mary Poppins.



Tovah was explaing to this little girl that the goat with the burned off horns was the baby boy goat and the other one was the baby girl. A few minutes later another little girl joined her in the pen and when Tovah tried to tell her the same thing the little girl lifted the goats leg and showed Tovah how to really tell the difference!  Gotta love living in a farming community.

2 comments:

  1. I'm stopping in from Robyn's Mingle Monday. Technically it's Monday! ;-)

    I thought having a coffee stand less than a mile away was awesome. Just down the street? I'd get a cot and set up right next door! ;-)

    Glad to check in and see what you've been up to this last week.

    Sara
    Saving for Someday
    http://savingforsomeday.com
    http://twitter.com/saving4someday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would so have a problem with a coffee house down the street with my hubby. We would be broke in a week cause he loves coffee places. If they carried Chai I might have a problem too. :)

    Stopping by to say Hi from Monday Mingle!! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete