Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day- We love you!


Ryan and Nathan on Guam, the day after Typhoon Andy came through in 1991

Ryan's first Father's Day was about 2 weeks after Nathan was born and I think I got him a card. The next year he had just come home from 6 months in Japan and I don't think Father's Day was on our agenda. To tell you the truth I don't remember really celebrating Father's Day for him other than a new movie or a new shirt that the kids "bought" him and trying to make sure we have a nice (steak, mushrooms, baked potatoes, salad) dinner. This year I had a good plan but didn't get around to it so we got him Tombstone on Blu-Ray and fabric for a new scrub shirt and I bought mushrooms for his steak dinner. Steak makes my dad happy too so its good all around. However, I still have about 27 hours before Father's Day is over so I may still be able to pull off my great idea (I don't have to worry about him reading this until Monday at the earliest).

No comments:

Post a Comment