Sunday, February 21, 2010

Count Your Blessings



I am blessed by mud- for it means that we have rain to make things grow and to enjoy the green that makes this truly the "Evergreen" State


I am blessed by mud tracked into the house- for it means my children are active and healthy and can be outside enjoying the day


I am blessed by picky eaters- for it means that my family has plenty to eat and has never had to wonder where their next meal is coming from.


I am blessed by laundry- for it means that our home is full and our lives are blessed with God's exceeding abundance


When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings- name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Count your blessings- name them one by one;
Count your blessings- see what God hath done;
Count your blessings- name them one by one;
Count your many blessings- see what God hath done.
~ Johnson Oatman, Jr.








No comments:

Post a Comment