Friday, March 4, 2011

Project 365- Week 7 or 8?


I'm getting lost on my numbering system... is this week 7 or week 8? I do know that I don't have many pictures for this upcoming week- too much rain and snow and not enough time or inspiration.

20- This is what weekends look like around here. Our only stipulation is we have to stay quiet so Ryan can sleep so it usually means TV, a few quiet chores, and XBox time. Each child gets 30 minutes to play 2-3 days a week. Sometimes when we have friends over they get more time but Jesse doesn't count, he gets 30 minutes like everyone else.

21- Friends came over because they didn't have school on Monday for President's Day. We have an XBox and they only have a PS3 (or something) so any chance they get the playdate gets moved to our house.

22- Isaac was laying on the floor reading and Squeaky pounced on his head! She wouldn't do it while I had the camera out but she sure watched him- her tail was twitching back and forth the whole time.

23- I finished LouAnn's scarf and got it mailed to her. I chose red yarn because she is such a vibrant lady and for the scarlet thread of Jesus' lineage through the Old Testament. The scarf is knit with wool because the Proverbs 31 Woman's family is clothed in fine wool. The pattern is called Feathers and Fans but it looks like waves so it reminds me of the midwives in Egypt and the parting of the Red Sea. I inset an area of seed stitch that looks like the basket Moses' mother hid him in.

24- Woke up to more snow! We're really getting tired of this. However beautiful it is on the tree branches out my window in dawn's early light... Between the holiday, the weather (ice and snow), and one instructor being sick I had 2 classes all week.

25- I finished my French Press Slippers. I started them after Christmas of 2009. They only needed the flaps and buttons sewn on but I put them away and just didn't get to them. Now they are done and are very warm and pretty.

26- I bake when I'm cold. This week I used up 2 and half pounds of butter and a dozen eggs. These are the Pioneer Woman's Devil Dogs, oh my, they are so good. The frosting recipe was enough for two batches (I skimped on the second batch but they were for Cub Scouts and if my kids were any indication, they were only 1 of about 4 desserts each boy ate). I also made Cardamom Cinnamon Rolls for my dad. This recipe is close but I don't use fat free milk or a bread machine. I made cream cheese frosting for them as well.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. we also have a definite time limit for the wii. and as a result the kids spend alot of time playing outside in the back yard. that recipe sounds good. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete