Friday, February 11, 2011

Project 365- Week 5


29- I downloaded this free Valentine's Subway Art from eighteen25. I printed it at Costco and popped in into a $3 frame. A seasonal decoration for under $5. I'm really trying to update pictures or holiday decorations in our spaces this year, when the boys were little I had no energy and getting photos in albums was the safest place for them. If I change things often enough I can change them before I have to dust them...

30- This is my pile of books that I want to read as opposed to the pile of books I need to be reading for my classes (a much bigger and less exciting pile). I have Tom Clancy's newest Dead or Alive, the Pioneer Woman's From High Heels to Tractor Wheels, The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan, Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex by Eoin Colfer, and The Sea of Monsters also by Rick Riordan. I'm about 2/3 through Sea of Monsters and could easily finish it if I just picked it up one evening but then I'd want to read Red Pyramid or Dead or Alive. The Artemis Fowl had to go back to the library but Ryan ordered it for us from Amazon and it should be here next week so I don't have to hurry and get to it. I won't start P Dub's book until I get some other books caught up because that wouldn't be fair to the other books in the pile. Maybe I should just finish my homework, speech, essay, and research paper and then I could read them all... (luckily, spring break is in 4 weeks).

1- The remains of a Family Feast from Panda Express, the kids pounced on me when I got home and I didn't get a chance to take any pictures before or during. I had to run up to the Scout store after my botany lab and grabbed Panda, much to the kids' delight (and mine). We love their Orange Chicken but Firecracker Chicken and Honey Walnut Shrimp are strongly in the running as well. I also like that I can feed us all for under $30 and there are leftovers for lunch the next day.

3- My hazelnut. I'm starting to develop a relationship with this tree... It is just starting to open up its amends. The tree closer to the road that gets more sunlight is already fully open. I'm recording the dates for a Botany lab project as part of Project BudBurst

4- Tovah with Grandma Carol Jeanne and Great-Grandma Hendrickson at a Pampered Chef party.

5- OUR VERY LAST PINEWOOD DERBY, EVER! Can you tell I'm excited? We've been doing this for at least 13 years. Jonah won The Most Colorful Car (thanks to $1 clearance decals from Michael's) and came in 3rd for his den so he got a medal. It was nice to end our run on a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment