Sunday, April 18, 2010

Anger

Not a very uplifting title for my Sunday post is it? Today's sermon was on anger and one of the points that stood out for me was that anger is a symptom of a deeper rooted issue such as fear, frustration, selfishness, fatigue, bitterness, or whatever. I know that I react in anger towards those I love when I am faced with a situation that is fearful or I am frustrated or I am selfishly not getting my way. Not very lovely or admirable is it?

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whater is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Phillipians 4:8

Man's anger, apart from God, does not bring about righteousness and leads us to sin. Anger itself is not the sin but it becomes sin when we improperly act upon it.

My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19-20

"In your anger, do not sin." Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26-27

So my prayer for this week is to identify why I'm angry and go to the root cause not the petty issue that triggered it.

From the Inside Out

A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace

My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out, Lord
Let justice and praise, become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise
From the inside out, o my soul cries out to you

No comments:

Post a Comment