Monday, April 19, 2010

5 Places I Want to Visit

I joined a group on Facebook called "The All About Me Weekly Challenge." The first challenge is to tell about 5 places you'd like to visit and why. I've been a lot of places, some of them I'd like to see again, some of them I'd rather never go again. I have a pretty healthy distaste for road trips with my children as I still remember criss-crossing the country as a child with everything we owned in an Austin American. Those weren't sight-seeing trips but we did see a lot of the country. It always rains on the Arizona- New Mexico border also on the New Mexico- Texas border. At least it does for me. But this post is on places I want to see, not places I've been too (that will be a later and much longer post)

1) Athens, Greece
When I was in 2nd grade my teacher had just returned from visiting family in Greece. I wanted to go see the water and the sunshine and the olives (we were living in San Diego at the time so I'm not sure what appealed to me there???) As I got older I'd like to see the Greece I learned about in history and in books. And the Greece Paul visited. I'd like to climb the Parthenon and visit all the little islands but snorkling is not on my list of things to do there

2) Australia
What's not to want to see in Australia? The Outback, the Great Barrier Reef, Ayers Rock... I want to see where Babe lived and The Snowy River and 42 Wallaby Lane, Sydney...

3) Route 66- All of it! (Just don't tell the kids because that long of a road trip would be the death of someone.)

4) England
I've been to Scotland but I'd like to visit Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, the Lakes District, Lands End, Penzance, Bath, London, the list goes on and on of places I'd like to see with my own eyes and not just through the words of my favorite authors.

5) Israel
I want to walk the path into Jerusalem and pick up one of the stones that would have cried out if the crowd had stayed silent that Sunday morning 2000 years ago.
" I tell you, if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Luke 19:40

What 5 places do you want to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment