Friday, March 5, 2010

They Survived

Last night was the first time we've left the 5 "little" kids home by themselves for longer than it takes me to run to the little store. They've been left home alone in different combinations that "get along." But never the whole group. Ryan was getting our Troops Spark Plug award at the District dinner and my folks were still in Oregon for the day.

Rush wasn't done with Baseball practice until after we had to leave so I made arrangements for a friend to bring him home and to come into the house to make sure everyone was set. We fed the kids Totinos pizzas before we left, left phone numbers in conspicous places (with the cordless phones), made arrangements for another friend to be on call and get here in less than 5 minutes, and set the Autotune for 8 p.m. for a show we wanted them to watch for school (I don't think they know how to override it).

I have to say they seem to have survived the evening. My parents were home before we were but we didn't walk into any chaos or tattling about what one brother did to another. Our cells phones didn't ring once the entire evening. Sometimes I really have a hard time remembering that they really are growing up- they are 15, almost 14, almost 12, 10, and 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment