Friday, November 27, 2009

Give Thanks

This year was my dad's 60th birthday. My mom wanted 60 people to come to Thanksgiving dinner at our house. Well, the house was full at 34 (36 people came but some left before others arrived). All 4 of my dad's siblings were here as well as 2 nephews, 2 neices, and 2 great-neices. Nate and Cheyney came for awhile as did her folks, Liz and John, and Ryan's mom Carol and her friend, Ricardo. My brother Matthew and his girlfriend Arra also came for pie and puzzles. It was too busy and loud to get too many photos (besides I never could quite get to wherever I had left my camera). There was lots of food and pie (deep dish apple, lemon meringue, 2 pumpkin pies, and 3 cherries pies that I made). I made some Cranberry-Apple-Cherry Chutney that was pronounced "good" by those who eat the stuff. Tovah's had a blast playing with the girl cousins- Keisha and Akela. Ryan and I got to play Apples to Apples with adults for the first time (we usually play it with the kids). To top it all off, Aunt Mary brought a pogo stick for the kids. Arin's been out practicing on it all morning. Tonight we're expecting more friends to celebrate Dad's birthday with some more pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment