Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So Much Yarn!

~erica

This is what I got for my birthday (as well as a new Bible in New Kings James to replace my NIV that the cover is falling off). Ryan sold a bunch of his nursing books and knew I wanted some yarn for my birthday (okay, the catalog with the shawl has had a prominent place on our desk for weeks). He let me pick out the extra sock yarn to get to $50 for free shipping.


This yarn will make this shawl.


photo source

I don't usually wear shawls but I love the colors of the Seasons shawl and the look. I'm thinking in the gray days of February and March it will keep me warm and make me feel like spring.


 

3 sets of sock yarn. The darker red is Gypsy Tonal and it'll be fun to knit a pair of socks with an intricate stitch pattern (I'm hoping its not too dark to see the stitch definition).


The multicolored is called Juice Box and it makes me happy just to look at it.

The plain yarn is a silk merino blend that I plan on dying with Kool Aid. I'm tending towards the blue or a dark green but I have a feeling Tovah will have a say in the color choice. I ran across this chart by Tried & True and it was my first ever pin to Pinterest


photo source

This should be enough yarn to keep me busy all winter especially since I have 3 projects I am currently working on: a cardigan that Ryan ordered me from Knit Picks for Mother's Day, a pair of herringbone socks that I am knitting out of the possum yarn a friend brought back from New Zealand for me, and an R2D2 hat for a guy I went to high school with. I thought it would be easy to whip up and I'd get his done and then make them for the boys.... the beanie was quick and easy but the details are going to be the death of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment