1) I thought about writing my confessions yesterday but ran out of daylight (and energy). I spent my afternoon and evening at the church cooking and serving dinner for 75 bike riders. Each year 10,000 riders ride the STP from Seattle to Portland. A majority of them spend the night in Lewis County, and as we don't have that many hotel rooms available, many churches and families host riders. We have hosted several times as a fundraiser for Young Life but the last 2 years I've had to help out at church so we haven't hosted.
|Grandma & Grandpa Hendrickson|
2) I've scanned many of the family pictures that Grandma Hendrickson had. I wish I had taken the time to do it while she was still alive so that I could have talked to her about the who and where of many pictures.
|Grandma Hendrickson with her parents and younger sisters in 1932|
3) Grandma and I were working on her scrapbook of her 80th birthday party. I was supposed to go over and journal the book for her as she didn't feel up to all the writing, it's been on my To Do List for the past 4 years and I never made the time to do it. Now I have the album but no journalling in it, I can remember some of the stories she told me as we put it together but I'll always regret not finishing it with her.
|Grandma Hendrickson with her parents and younger sister, Bernice|
4) Rush's friend, Lincoln, is visiting from Albequerque. He brought XBox games and 2 seasons of Big Bang Theory, we're not getting anything else done.
|Grandma with Taryn in 1994, about 2weeks before Taryn died (the night before we left for Disneyland)|
5) Tovah hadn't changed her earrings since about halfway through the fastpitch season, yesterday she tried to change them and needed some help getting them off. Her earlobes had grown over the backs! She had lost an earring during a game so she had pushed the backs as far up the post as possible. 10 minutes later; after much heavy breathing, tears, and nausea on my part; I was able to pull them out of her skin and get the bleeding stopped. We had to find her some little drop earrings to maintain the holes until the skin heals enough to wear posts with backs again. I couldn't find what I wanted at Walmart so we bought some fishhook-style wires and cross charms. I'm afraid we might have started a new hobby.
6) I feel bad that the only blog posts I've taken time to write these past few weeks are Saturday Confessions
I'm starting the Bible in 90 Days at Moms Toolbox this week. I'm really looking forward to it. Arin and Tovah read the Bible this past year but I have to admit I've never actually read it cover to cover (that would be Confession #7)