Monday, October 18, 2010

Trigger Finger Mittens

I wanted to make Nathan a pair of mittens with a trigger finger for Afghanistan. I thought I had found a pattern online but when I sat down to make them the pattern called for bulky yarn and I had worsted weight. I took bits and pieces from several different patterns and found a tutorial on making gloves. I will compile all the bits into a pattern once I try knitting another pair (that won't be until December because going to college full-time severely limits my knitting time).


These knit up very quickly. I'm thinking I'll make a pair for my mom for Christmas so I can work out sizes. Nathan's are a little big for Rush (he wouldn't come outside and model them for me). I used Cascade 220 Superwash and it took just under 1 skein for the pair.

2 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cool. You are amazing with a pair of knitting needles!

    BTW, I'd love that magazine. Thanks for thinking of me. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica, I am giving you the Versatile Blogger Award. Drop by and get it. Love your post, and thought this fit you well. =)
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete